Up next, is quick six, with Tommy Vext.

Hey guys

First off, I'm sorry for having been MIA for a while. I have a perfectly good reason.... I've been on festival benders, and had to survive what felt like deadly hangovers, before being able to do anything. But thats a story for another post 😅

For today, I can finally present a quick six, with Tommy next. A badass I first met years ago in Hollywood. I honestly don't remember the circumstances, but It was in my HeadbangersBall days, and we hung out, and did some hiking at Runyon Cayon in hollywood..... It was good times.


So this beast of a man, is currently the frontman of the metal band 'Bad Wolves' , that he formed in 2017 with ex members of Devildriver, God Forbid, In This Moment etc. 
In the past, Tommy had fronted both 'Divine Heresy' and for a short while 'SNOT', he even did a fill in tour, as the vocalist for 'Five Finger Death Punch', and did a very damn good job.... I was there, at the one show they played at Copenhell in Copenhagen.



To me, Tommy Vext is a super nice, hardworking man with an amazing voice, but check him out for yourself on instagram @tommyvext .. and also, check out the cover that Bad Wolves did on the Cranberries song 'Zombie' that hit an amazing 100 mill views..... yes, thats right 100 MILLION. Holy shit.

https://youtu.be/9XaS93WMRQQ




Anyways, here's is

The Quick Six, with Tommy Vext


1 current shenanigans?

On the road headed to Play New York City tomorrow. We’re Currently on our first headlining US tour and next month we will be joining Five Finger Death Punch and Breaking Benjamin on their summer amphitheater tour

(whoop)
2 What’s it about Cranberries ‘zombie’ that made you guys do a cover? 

The Message Dolores conveyed was so strong and certainly relevant to many of the issues in current events across the world.

(Agreed)
3 The most insane and/or epic moment of your life this far?

Probably Dying. That was a trip. Changed my whole perspective on life.

(Iiiiiick...... no shit, happy you're still here)

4 what do you listen to when in 1. Your car? 2. In the shower? 3. In love?

In the car : I listen to test mixes of our demos mostly or whatever projects I’m working on. 

I’m gonna do in the gym because I don’t listen to music in the shower

Recent Gym playlist : Periphery, Jinjer, king 810, Sevendust, Light the Torch, Code Orange 

Love : what is this thing you speak of lol


(No Marvin Gaye then, check)

5 How was the experience of fronting for FFDP, filling in for Ivan? 

It was difficult. Ivan has huge shoes to fill and it was challenging having to go on stage with charisma and enthusiasm all the while wondering in the back my mind if my friend was gonna make it or not. It got pretty scary but ultimately he pulled through and the down time was exactly what he needed to beat his demons and get back to work stronger than ever.

I’m retrospect I feel honored that I was able to be a small piece in his journey to sobriety. That’s the most important part to me.


(Well you did an amazing job sir)


6 If you could dream, big as the sky, and have it come true? What would the dream be?

Pretty simply I would dream for a billion dollars. Money solves money problems. I could use that power to help change the lives of many people.
Dreaming for world peace or ending hunger seems like a catastrophe.
Understanding Homo sapiens and the history of evolution I don’t think humanity would be able to accept or comprehend a utopian one world society. We as a species are not evolved enough to accept that.
So realistically for the time period we are occupying his earth I would dream for a billion dollars.
You can only help those who want to be helped.


(Well, in that case, I wish I could help you stomp up a billion dollars)

Tommy Vext 







Comments

Popular Posts