Quick Six with BLASKO!!!

Hey guys

Here is a new weekly thing, I've chosen to call 'The Quick Six'

I'll be shooting 6 random questions at some awesome person, musician or tattoo artist, and if I'm lucky enough, they'll choose to answer.

This time I was lucky.

This Bass Slayer aka Catman, aka BLASKO, needs no introduction, but I'm gonna give you a quick one anyways.
Blasko is a very demanded gun for hire, and is currently on tour, slaying with OZZY. No biggie....


I remember first meeting him at a drunken afterparty in Hollywood, sometime between 2004 and 2006, and as a Rob  Zombie fan, I was fan girling a bit. 
Anyways, besides the already mentioned heavy hitters, He also stood beside Danzig, on stage, and was in a project, that i personally really enjoyed, called The Death Riders. I still have the burned cd that Johnny Coffin gave me, at a Coffin Case photoshoot, many years ago. Fun stuff.
Oh and BLASKO also has a cool podcast with Mike Mowery, called 'Manage Mental', AND he's a band manager... soo busy days, but always time for cats.



So I asked Rob 'BLASKO' Nicholson, to keep it fast and short, cuz I always end up rambling away... 😁


Blasko!!! 

-You’re currently on summer tour with OZZY in Europe. What’s your favorite thing to do off stage while you’re over here? 
Fighting Jet Lag. I am totally upside down right now. I honestly don’t get out much. 
(well you should)

-most epic live moment? On or off stage. Any fails?
Every night is Epic. I am very fortunate to play Crazy Train for a living! 
('puts on CRAZY TRAIN' Has epic moment')



-Your favorite act/band to have played with, and why? 
Ozzy of course. Cuz he’s the best. What would be the state of Metal without him or Sabbath???
(without OZZY, no Metal)


-Honest thoughts on Social Media
It might not be for everyone, but it serves a purpose in my life. I focus the bulk of my attention on Instagram and Spotify. I don’t use much else. 
(Noted. Follow BLASKO on instagram blasko1313)

-What’s with all the cat stuff?
Ha! You have kids… I have cats. 
(Ok, I don't have mugs and hats with my kids on them, but I don't judge 😀... )




-If not as a bassist, how would you have spent your life? 
Fortunately I don’t rely on Bass to make a living, but it’s a nice bonus. I will always be in music in some capacity. On or off the stage. 
(some people get chocolate, or a kick in the ass for a bonus, you play with the Prince)


Thats it, kept it nice and short, thank you Rob, you rule.
Also, all images are thieved from the google god.

Next week, I'll Talk with, and about the amazing punk viking, Lars Frederiksen, from 'Rancid' and 'The Old Firm Casuals'.
Good Stuff.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts