Tattoo's, and the artists that make them

Hey guys





A few weeks ago, Monster Energy sent me to Prison Ink, in Horsens Denmark, to do some interviews, and promo photos.
I've always enjoyed the vibe at tattoo conventions, especially The London Tattoo Convention and Ink N Iron, back when that was a thing i Long beach CA.
Anyways, Prison Ink is a pretty cool convention also, and we've always been lucky to have great summer weather, which makes 'work' a thing where I basically hang out in the sun all day, and talk to cool and talented people. No complaints.


So with that said, I actually just wanted to make this an opportunity to list the artists that have been working on my own skin, and after that, I'm going to name some of the international artists, that any tattoo collector should know the names of, especially If you want to know about the pioneers and the history.

But first my own artists.

My first was by Jorgen Christensen of Mjoelner Tattoo in Aarhus Denmark, It's on my upper back, and is a viking inspired piece, showing 4 dragons, forming a heart.



After that, I met Uncle Allan, of Conspiracy Ink Tattoo, in Berlin. Back then it was names Tiki Lounge, and was located in Nansensgade in Copenhagen. I pretty much 'fell in love' with Allan and his work, and we ended up as great friends throughout the many hours he has worked on my skin. He has tattooed my sleeves, the back of my neck, and the ice cream cones on the sides of my neck, my fingers (they say LADY LIKE), and my back piece, that were still working on 😁










So somewhere in-between, I went to Royal Tattoo in Helsinor in Denmark, where on the the worlds greatest artists, Henning Jørgensen is located. He tattooed my hands.









Also in Royal Tattoo is Taioba, who did the chaligraphy on my collarbones. ( It says .LOYALTY FAMILY)

























That brings me to my legs, where Judd Ripley from The Sailors Grave, has made the big 'homeward bound' ship on my right thigh, and the panther on my left foot. He also did the writing on my toes, they say NOLA   ATLAS. 

Judd is lucky enough to have the sweetest wife in the world, who also happens to be an amazing artist, she had made the horse on my right foot, my left thigh, and my right and left calves. Were in a process of making leg sleeves, filled with her amazing ladies.

The last one (for now) Is Jesper aka Gator Tattoo from 'The get well giftshop' in Copenhagen, he has done the front of my neck.


I think thats it..... for now, obviously I'm running out of space, and its a challenge finding spots for new artists.

So thats the amazing artists that I've been lucky enough to wear on my skin for the rest of my life.....

And now, to whom you should all know, or get to know, I'f you give any fucks about the history of tattoos and respect the craft. I'f you're one of those folks , starting with hand, neck and facial tattoos, jump onto the newest Instagram tattoo trend, and dont research your artist.... you're a moron, and learning about these people, is even more important for you, so pay attention, and get google'ing.

In random order

Lyle Tuttle
Freddy Negrete (read his book)
Tim Hendricks
chris nunez
Jack Rudy
Mike Rubendall
Chris Garver
Mister Cartoon
Bob Tyrrel
Don Ed Hardy
Sailor Jerry
Henning Joergensen
Paul Booth
Horioshi III
Tattoo Ole
Baby Ray
Chuey Quintanar


I've probably forgotten some, so please comment any names that belong on the list ...

Till next time.


Comments

Popular Posts